Rustic & Modern DIY Project To Try
I saw these round 10 inch mirror plates at Hobby Lobby for $6 and knew there had to be a cool way to frame them. Unfortunately, I don’t have any wood working skills, so I had to come up with something creative for this project.
I’m definitely a rustic kind of gal, so the first thing that came to mind were sticks! But how would I attach them? Hmmm. Cardboard. Ok, now I’m getting somewhere. Cardboard is nice and all, but how would I hang it on the wall? Dang it! This is never going to work.
A few weeks later, I stumbled across those Command strips for hanging frames. Bingo! Each strip holds up to 4 pounds, and this mirror has got to weigh less than half of that.
So the project began…
- 10 inch round mirror plate (or any size you’d prefer)
- A piece of cardboard large enough to give the mirror at least a 2 inch frame
- Lots of sticks (I cheated and bought mine here because I live in the desert and I’m too lazy to go to the park)
- Hot glue gun
- Box cutter or razor blade for cutting the cardboard
- Picture hanging Command strips (if you plan on hanging it on the wall)